registrations being taken for July 2020 ITEC Reflexology Diploma
New ITEC Reflexology Diploma Course Starting on 17 July 2020
I am very pleased to announce the course dates for the Online/In Person ITEC Reflexology Diploma. I am referring to it as Online/In Person because although the bulk of the course can be done online, the theory for both the reflexology and anatomy and physiology, there will also be the practical element to cover and that can only be done face to face with tutor and student.
I have scheduled 7 monthly online lectures and a final weekend in which students take their examinations. The lectures will take place using an online conferencing system in which I can deliver the lecture and interact with students. They will be held at the weekend, one on Saturday and one on Sunday and will start at 9 am and finish at 12 noon. In the afternoon of each Saturday I will hold a one to one session with each student, this is to give support and discuss workload.
Dates and Structure for the Course:
17 and 18 July 2020
15 and 16 August 2020
26 and 27 September 2020
24 and 25 October 2020
28 and 29 November 2020
No classes in December
9 and 10 January 2021
20 and 21 February 2021
All course work, projects and case studies* to be handed in 20 and 21 March 2021 Exam Weekend
I am basing the dates and times on the understanding that social distancing is currently in force and we cannot meet up. However, to get the full benefit of the practical element of the course and the hands-on training that you need to gain confidence and to practice we must meet to carry out practical sessions. As soon as we are given the go-ahead part of the online teaching will revert to meeting in person.
This means that we will meet up at Clout House in West Malling, Kent to do the practical part of the training. You will practice on one another initially and then, all depending on when we started to meet up, you will either bring someone to practice on or I will source volunteer clients for you.
Training days are 9 am – 5 pm. There is parking in West Malling and the car park is opposite the venue. If you are coming by train you will alight at West Malling train station and the walk to the venue is 10 minutes.
The theory will remain on-line on Saturdays and we will meet in-person on Sundays for the practical sessions.
I suggest, even though the online times are 9 – 12 on Saturday and Sunday, that you keep the rest of those days flexible in regard to other arrangements that you may want to make. It is very difficult to predict when we will be allowed to meet and so we must remain available for both scenarios.
If you have holiday booked or a special occasion or even a massive workload from elsewhere, we can work around that. However, the exam weekend is non-negotiable.
20 and 21 February – Course Work Handover Weekend
Please note that the handover weekend is very important. This is the weekend that I will scrutinise your work and make suggestions to enhance your projects and case studies. I will ask to see your work periodically throughout the course but the hand over weekend will be our final time to make any adjustments and amendments.
During the month I will set homework and quizzes based on the reflexology theory and the anatomy and physiology subject and you will be working on your projects, Business Skills, Nutrition and Knowledge of Complementary Therapies. You will also be working on your case studies.
Case Studies information:
You will complete 10 case studies of four treatments each. This equals 40 treatments in total. You are required to fill out case study documentation for each client and submit all of them completed on the second to last weekend that we meet. In this case it will be the weekend of 20 and 21 February 2021, the course work handover day.
You will be asked to find 10 people who will benefit from a series of reflexology treatments.
Please ensure that your case studies present with a condition i.e. arthritis, post-surgery, asthma etc. The wider variety of client that you treat, the better your experience and knowledge base will be.
If you are unsure of whether a case study is suitable please do ask me about it.
Skills for the Student:
- Students will be able to carry out a full reflexology treatment on a client using a variety of reflexology techniques such as thumb walking, finger walking, pivot, hook and rocking and select the correct technique to suit the client’s needs
- The student will be able to use their knowledge of anatomy and physiology and pathology to map out the best treatment for a client, identify underlying conditions and confirm what the client has told them
- The student will be able to complete a comprehensive consultation, complete the related documentation and give after care advise to the client
- The student will be able to maintain professional posture and technique and be adept at locating zones, transfer lines and cross reflexes on the hands and feet
- The qualification also provides the related knowledge and understanding required to perform the reflexology skills listed above effectively
- The student will be able to identify anatomy and Physiology of the skin, nails, feet and common diseases and disorders that may affect the treatment and when a client should or should not receive treatment
- Students will have knowledge and skills relating to setting up a business, basic nutrition and other complementary therapies which can enhance the clients well-being
The fee for the course is £1,399 and includes all course material, handouts and textbooks, a one-year student subscription to the Association of Reflexologists and all examination fees for both practical and theory exams.
A deposit of £250.00 is required to secure a place on the course. The balance of £1,149 can be paid in one lump sum. This will give a discount of £100.
If paying by instalment the balance will be paid over 6 months which will be £191.50 per month for six months. Monthly payments should be made no later than the scheduled monthly date.
The payment schedule is as follows:
Payment can be made by Bank Transfer, Direct Debit/Standing Order and PayPal. Once payment and/or schedule has been agreed details of the bank or PayPal will be sent for you to set up
23 September 2020
21 October 2020
24 November 2020
6 January 2021
17 February 2021
During the course you will:
- Gain a reflexology qualification that is well known and highly respected within the industry
- Study to reach professional reflexologist level
- Learn what it means to run your own business and use social media for marketing
- Gain excellent practical and theoretical knowledge of reflexology, anatomy and physiology, professional conduct and business awareness
- Be enrolled with the Association of Reflexologists as a student member. A one year AoR membership is included in your course fee
- All classes are held in West Malling in Kent
- All course materials and resources are provided in the fee.
- Small deposit to secure your place
- Payment plan available
The units that you will study are:
- Provide Reflexology for Complementary Therapies
- Principles and Practice of Complementary Therapies
- Knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology for Complementary Therapies
- Business Practice for Complementary Therapies
- Healthy Eating and Well-Being for the Complementary Therapy Client
- Daily Start and Finish Times 9am – 5.00pm
- Course consists of in-class practical and theory tuition, out of class case studies and assignments.
- Case Studies, 80 hours performed on a variety of client to gain experience and practical knowledge. To be submitted as part of your final assessment
Here is some interesting information about Reflexology!
In the early days of its development reflexology was called Zone Therapy.
Eunice Ingham, known as the mother of reflexology, developed the system beyond Zone Therapy and it became what it is today.
A reflexology practitioner applies pressure to the feet, or hands, using the thumbs and fingers and specific techniques to gain a healing response in the body.
Mrs Ingham, whose background was in physiotherapy, mapped the pressure points in the feet and hands to correspond to all of the organs, glands and systems of the body.
On applying pressure to the areas reflexology encourages the body to achieve homeostasis.
If you are interested or would like more information please call our office in West Malling on 01732 220 134 or email us at email@example.com.